The Marine Club is in its 79th year as a club working within and promoting the marine industry. A and as a Club we are continuing to work and meet the needs of our membership in an industry within transition.
The objectives of The Club are to:
- Promote the marine industry on the Great Lakes
- Bring the marine community together to network, share information and build the marine brand
- Promote cooperation and fellowship amongst its members
- Create a social forum where issues can be discussed on a casual basis
In 2016 over $40,000 was distributed to various organizations. Monies, raised from our activities goes towards “Good Works” and include some of the following donations:
- Bursaries to Navigation and Engineering Cadets
- Scholarships to Georgian College cadets
- Financial support toSupporting the Royal Canadian Sea Cadets
- Financial support to the Mission to Seafarers – The Mission to Seafarers provides help and support to the 1.5 million crewmen and women who face danger every day to keep our global economy afloat and to helping to promote the spiritual, moral and physical well-being of Seafarers and their families world-wide.
- Financial support to the Toronto Brigantine who assist under privileged children with opportunities
On Tuesday June 27th in conjunction with the Mission to Seafarers, we will be hosting a job fair and dinner in Hamilton to promote the next generation of people into the marine industry along with celebrating 50 years of the Mission to Seafarers in the Port of Hamilton and recognizing the “International Day of the Seafarer”.
Together we The Marine Club continue to build on our strong foundation and work to better this industry.
We thank you for your commitment to the industry and your ongoing support. Without you it would not be possible.